Did you know that a chocolate chip cookie could be gilt-free? No?!?!?
You can stay on track with your weight-loss, health, and fitness goals with THE BEST ketogenic chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER! Read on for more.
I created this recipe after researching and testing a plethora of recipes for chocolate chip ketogenic cookies.
These cookies are GLUTEN FREE and SUGAR FREE. 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Almond flour (1.5 cups)
- Salted butter (7/8 tablespoons) – I recommend using Kerrygold; a high-quality, grass-fed butter.
- Erythritol (3/4 cup) – Whole Foods sells it.
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- 1 Egg-white (remove the yolk from one large egg)
- Baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Salt to taste (I used one teaspoon)
- Xanthan gum (1/2 teaspoon) – I found a bag of this powder at Whole Foods.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (3/4 cup) – Use Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips. I found them at Whole Foods.
Heat oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix soften/warmed but not entirely melted Kerrygold butter with erythritol until combined.
Add vanilla and egg white. Mix well.
Add baking powder, almond flour, and xanthan gum. Mix until incorporated.
Add salt to desired taste. I used pink Himalayan salt.
Add sugar free chocolate chips.
Grease or powder your cookie sheet and scoop out tablespoon-sized balls. This recipe yields between 12 and 15 cookies depending on how big you want them.
Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved. I prefer crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside chocolate chip cookies. I baked mine for 16 minutes.
Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying. They need to set first, otherwise they will fall apart!
Bon appetit! Let me know if you tried and liked this recipe!